In order to become a member of CCN, all applicants must meet the following requirements.
Requirements for Membership (valid for 2 years):
- Submission of a CCN Membership Application
- Minimum of 300 hours of nutrition-specific education at a government-designated educational institution
- Minimum of 50 hours of practical experience*
- Passing of Competency Examination with a minimum score of 80%
- Valid malpractice insurance for the entire duration of the membership**
Requirements for Membership Renewal (valid for 2 years):
- Have practiced a minimum of 50 hours throughout the past 2 years
- Have undertaken continuous education efforts equating to a minimum of 20 hours, throughout the past 2 years
- Valid malpractice insurance for the entire duration of the membership renewal*
- Passing of Competency Examination with a minimum score of 80% ***
* Examples of practical experience: one-on-one coaching, workshops/classes, small group coaching, online advising
** Members can apply for insurance or insurance renewal as part of the membership application. Additional fees will be applied for insurance applicants.
*** Only applies to those applicants whose memberships have been inactive for more than a year.
$100 Initial Application Fee
$300 Membership Fee (valid for 2 years)
$200 Membership Renewal Fee (or $300 when membership has been inactive for more than a year)
Introductory Membership Special*
(For members joining in 2016)
$100 Initial Application Fee – waived
$300 Membership Fee – reduced by 50%
* As part of receiving the Membership Special, members will be required to provide feedback to CCN regarding their membership experience, so as to help CCN improve its operations and grow its offerings to members.
All fees are to be paid by cheque made out to “Canadian Council on Nutrition” and mailed to:
Canadian Council on Nutrition
62 Edmonton Centre
PO Box 47256
T5J 4N1, Canada
CANADIAN COUNCIL ON NUTRITION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVOKE ALL ACTIVE MEMBERSHIPS.