Areas of focus of the examination are:
- Nutrition Science
- Nutrition physiology
- Nutrition Assessments and Programming
- Information gathering
- Safe nutrition program planning
- Client Relations
- Scope of practice
- Disclosure of bias
1. Insulin is a hormone that helps regulate:
- Other hormones
- Blood glucose (sugar) levels
- Sodium excretion from the kidneys
2. Which strategy would help an underweight person to gain weight?
- increase exercise
- eat snacks between meals
- choose high fiber foods
- drink plenty of water
3. After a seminar a mother approaches you and says that her 16 year old daughter is struggling with bulimia. The mother wants to know if they can book some counseling sessions with you to improve eating behaviours. Your response to the mother should be:
- Sure – here is my card, call me and we can book an appointment.
- I’m sorry to hear that, one of my friends suffered from bulimia and had to be hospitalized because of it.
- Although I would love to help you and your daughter, I may not be the most qualified professional for your situation. I recommend calling your doctor, letting them know of your circumstance, and asking them regarding the best plan of action and/or a referral.
- I’ve never dealt with a client suffering from bulimia before but I’m sure I can help you.
- Applicants will get online access to the exam upon payment of their membership fee AND submission of their membership application. If CCN receives your fee and application by the 15th of the month, then access to the exam will be provided on the 1st day of the following month. If CCN receives your fee and application after the 15th of the month, then access to the exam will be provided on the 1st day of the month following the month after the application is received. (Example: If CCN receives an applicant’s fee and application by the 15th of January, then they will gain access to the exam on the 1st of February. IF CCN receives an applicant’s fee and application after the 15th of January, then they will gain access to the exam on the 1st of March.)
- Applicants will need to complete their exam within 14 days of gaining online access to it, with no possibility to postponement or cancellation
- If an applicant does not complete their exam within the 14 days of having access to it then they will be required to book a retake at an additional $50 fee
- The exam is multiple choice, 50 questions in length, with a 1-hr time limit with no possibility to pause the clock
- 80% is the passing score for the exam
- Applicants who fail the exam can retake it an unlimited number of times at a fee of $50/retake
- At least 6 weeks must pass between each exam attempt
- Only the most current exam score is kept within CCN’s records, all previous scores are deleted
More information regarding membership and applications.